First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply New Fall Titles: The Pet Girl of Sakurasou
139350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Spying on Orihime...
Offline
Posted 10/10/12

Way to go, Crunchy!
Posted 10/10/12
Oh good, I saw this and enjoyed it. They style of character introduction had me hooked and the rest did not disappoint. Glad CR got this.
46074 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/10/12
Now I can watch it here
33192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / All the Good & Ba...
Offline
Posted 10/10/12
Great job getting this one !!!! Enjoy it so far!!!!!
opt403 
45100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/10/12
Still more announcements to come? I wonder what else there will be to see this season.
67858 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 10/10/12 , edited 10/10/12

opt403 wrote: Still more announcements to come? I wonder what else there will be to see this season.

I keep hearing "JoJo costs too much because it has a 40 year old hit song in its ending", or "I bet Viz got JoJo" ... but I'm still hoping that JoJo is one of the last two. The other one that people keep saying is Little Busters! but that is not one that interests me very much.


Chaosprower wrote: ...2 out of 13 new shows available in Spain. I really want to watch your shows, CR, it's a shame Spain is not important to you.

I see where you're coming from: if I was getting just the Latin American streams, I'd keep subscribing to Crunchyroll, but if I was living in Spain, not just the limited number of series, but also the actual series themselves would be hard for me to justify.

But don't you mean, its a shame Spain is not important to the Japanese production committees?

Or maybe, its a shame that Spain is not important to Sentai? After all, its 0 for 4 in sublicenses from Sentai, and 2 for 8 in direct streaming licenses. Heck, Portugal even got included in one of the Sentai sublicenses (that was mostly because Brazil was included).

Of the other eight, three got broad European rights. Gintama was the only one series (so far) that gained broad European rights but was locked out of Spain. That normally means that there is someone negotiating for Spanish rights of some sort, either broadcast, narrowcast or home video, and so the Spanish rights have been carved out of the contract.


141898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 10/10/12
Nice, definitely going to watch this one all the way through.
17050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 10/10/12

agila61 wrote:


opt403 wrote: Still more announcements to come? I wonder what else there will be to see this season.

I keep hearing "JoJo costs too much because it has a 40 year old hit song in its ending", or "I bet Viz got JoJo" ... but I'm still hoping that JoJo is one of the last two. The other one that people keep saying is Little Busters! but that is not one that interests me very much.


Thing is though if the only hold-up is the ending theme, you could negotiate around it and not deal with the ending at all unless you're dealing with disc and broadcast rights as well. Viz could very well have picked it up, but I could also see FUNimation holding on to the announcement for their panel on Sunday or negotiate their way to getting it so they can announce at Youmacon similar to what happened with Eureka Seven AO.
20269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21
Offline
Posted 10/10/12
Glad to here there are still more too come. I'm still crossing my fingers for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
50511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 10/10/12
First episode, loved it! Could be my favorite new show so far along with Tonari no Kaibutsu kun!
67858 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 10/10/12

Rootsofjustice wrote: Thing is though if the only hold-up is the ending theme, you could negotiate around it and not deal with the ending at all unless you're dealing with disc and broadcast rights as well.

That might, however, take time ~ the ending still has to run to give credit to the people who worked on the episode, so the alternative music still has to be sourced and approved by the production committee.


Viz could very well have picked it up, but I could also see FUNimation holding on to the announcement for their panel on Sunday or negotiate their way to getting it so they can announce at Youmacon similar to what happened with Eureka Seven AO.

I'm inclined to think that if Funimation had got it, they would have announced it ... they have never been shy about announcing something with a "details to follow sometime" attached, and it would have made their big splash announcement an even bigger splash.

As far as Viz, however, I have no idea at all. They could well sign it but sit on the fact, waiting until all the details are nailed down before announcing anything.

And then there's that streaming anime company, "Crunchy" something ... they have two more titles still to announce this season. JoJo's might be one of them.
20431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/10/12
Yu YOH! Another I was looking forward too! Now all they need is that eyepatch moe one (I can't remember the name haha)!
139501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/10/12
Seems interesting ^^
Dathu 
36058 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / North West Indiana
Offline
Posted 10/10/12
What's funny is that I was just doing on last check search to see if this show was licensed before I started downloading it, and what do you know, Crunchyroll. Just in the nick of time, literally! It had only aired a half an hour before I watched it.
The Wise Wizard
76453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 10/10/12

alphawolfmax wrote:

Yu YOH! Another I was looking forward too! Now all they need is that eyepatch moe one (I can't remember the name haha)!

Unfortunately, Chunibyo Demo Koi ga Shitai is an exclusive (in North America) of The Anime Network:
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/20121002523/happy-birthday-anime-network-celebrating-10-years-with-new-shows


20431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/10/12

TheAncientOne wrote:


alphawolfmax wrote:

Yu YOH! Another I was looking forward too! Now all they need is that eyepatch moe one (I can't remember the name haha)!

Unfortunately, Chunibyo Demo Koi ga Shitai is an exclusive (in North America) of The Anime Network:
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/20121002523/happy-birthday-anime-network-celebrating-10-years-with-new-shows




Awww, thanks for letting me know though!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.