First  Prev  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  Next  Last
Win a FREE 1-YEAR MEMBERSHIP with Naruto
3620 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Hidden Leaf Village
Offline
Posted 5/4/10 , edited 5/4/10

jpax44 wrote:

Looks like makehomersomethingsomething made it to the Top 10 and his a regular non paying member. So this should settle everything for those who still feel cheated and robbed of their lives by this contest. The bottom line is: You were just not fast enough!


WOW 1 person out of 10 was a non premium member that so means this contest wasn't rigged. YEAH RIGHT!! Just cause 1 non premium memer won doesn't mean that the way they choose the winners was fair. This is the last time I waste my time for crunchyroll contest
jpax44 
61479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / CA, USA
Offline
Posted 5/4/10 , edited 5/4/10

iamra2009 wrote:


Guess i just missed the top 10
i'm guessing they went form when you got the last badge to complete your set. put me out cause i acidentally deleted shadow itachi and had to get that back after getting naruto.


So on the day the Naruto badge was supposed to come out, you actually got it, but you deleted the you Itachi badge? That sucks. I accidentally deleted 3 badges I needed during the contest, but not while trying to get the Naruto badge and that close to crunch time



Naruto-Genin wrote:

WOW 1 person out of 10 was a non premium member that so means this contest wasn't rigged. YEAH RIGHT!! Just cause 1 non premium memer won doesn't mean that the way they choose the winners was fair. This is the last time I waste my time for crunchyroll contest


How is it rigged? Rigged would've been if only premium members had a chance to win the prizes. Ok, so only 7/10 of the winners have confirmed and posted that they won, and out of that 7, one non-premium member is included... SO FAR. That means there are other 3 more possible non premium members who could've won and is yet to post. Having at least 1 regular member winning means that EVERYBODY (premium and regular members) had a chance of winning. It was just a matter of speed and luck. Having to live in the west coast USA we get to see this show at 3:30 in effin AM. So it was hard playing the contest on the episode that the Naruto badge was supposed to show up.

CR could've picked the winners by doing the "TOP 10" like they did here or do a random drawing from a group who got 80 badges by the deadline. CR made it more challenging (it is a contest). By doing the Top 10, CR just made it harder. Although I still stick to my earlier comments that the implementation and planning for this contest was poor, and the rules could've definitely have been clearer.
41383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Planet Earth
Offline
Posted 5/4/10 , edited 5/4/10
So only the 7 after the first 3 get the prize pack? Or does the top 3 also get it? Also I find it annoying how I had to renew my membership in april so I thought that I would get a extra year. But nope, it just gives me till next may, so I only get a free month next year then I have to renew it again -_-
41383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Planet Earth
Offline
Posted 5/4/10 , edited 5/4/10

jpax44 wrote:


iamra2009 wrote:


Guess i just missed the top 10
i'm guessing they went form when you got the last badge to complete your set. put me out cause i acidentally deleted shadow itachi and had to get that back after getting naruto.


So on the day the Naruto badge was supposed to come out, you actually got it, but you deleted the you Itachi badge? That sucks. I accidentally deleted 3 badges I needed during the contest, but not while trying to get the Naruto badge and that close to crunch time



Naruto-Genin wrote:

WOW 1 person out of 10 was a non premium member that so means this contest wasn't rigged. YEAH RIGHT!! Just cause 1 non premium memer won doesn't mean that the way they choose the winners was fair. This is the last time I waste my time for crunchyroll contest


How is it rigged? Rigged would've been if only premium members had a chance to win the prizes. Ok, so only 7/10 of the winners have confirmed and posted that they won, and out of that 7, one non-premium member is included... SO FAR. That means there are other 3 more possible non premium members who could've won and is yet to post. Having at least 1 regular member winning means that EVERYBODY (premium and regular members) had a chance of winning. It was just a matter of speed and luck. Having to live in the west coast USA we get to see this show at 3:30 in effin AM. So it was hard playing the contest on the episode that the Naruto badge was supposed to show up.

CR could've picked the winners by doing the "TOP 10" like they did here or do a random drawing from a group who got 80 badges by the deadline. CR made it more challenging (it is a contest). By doing the Top 10, CR just made it harder. Although I still stick to my earlier comments that the implementation and planning for this contest was poor, and the rules could've definitely have been clearer.


I agree, that people on the west coast have it harder because they (including myself) need to get up at 3:30 in the morning to even do this. It was at a disadvantage for ones on the Pacific because of the time scheduling, but as you see, it was still possible.
15162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/4/10
What a horrible decision to choose the first 10 people to complete their sets. A drawing from everyone that completed would have been much more fair. I wonder how much advertising revenue CR received from people such as myself playing 1100+ episodes just to get screwed because they weren't in the first 10. Thanks for wasting a ton of my time, CR.
14244 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / In the sky
Offline
Posted 5/5/10

RickyTheFish wrote:

What a horrible decision to choose the first 10 people to complete their sets. A drawing from everyone that completed would have been much more fair. I wonder how much advertising revenue CR received from people such as myself playing 1100+ episodes just to get screwed because they weren't in the first 10. Thanks for wasting a ton of my time, CR.


Nobody wasted your time....you wasted your own time, CR did not force you and not everyone is able to win, time to wake up from your dream if you think contests and the world are fair, nobody owes you anything.
31117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34
Offline
Posted 5/5/10
As it said in the rules everyone had a chance to win, the fact it was the first 10 that won only made the contest harder. Yes the rules could've been clearer, yes there could''ve been a draw between everyone who completed the badge sets. Whats done is done and there is no use complaining now.
Posted 5/5/10 , edited 5/5/10

keikawa wrote:

Whats up all,
Just thought I'd give you the heads up that we are still determining the winners. Since this is a very high-profile contest, we will be contacting the winners privately. Winners will be determined as the first 10 contestants who completed the entire collection of all the badges. Winners will receive a PM from me (keikawa) by the end the week.
Thanks for participating!



To all CR mods: I think u guys are VERY VERY unfair, first, when u guys changed the site rules back in 2008, u didn't say that the regional blocking would affect anime members, thus, many people wasted their money for this site.
Second, WHAT THE F???
You guys should have been VERY VERY CLEAR from the start that only the first TEN people to finish would get an award.
Ur dumbness and selfishness never ends does it?
Seriously, i wasted 60 hours and even much more of my life on your crap contest.
I would have been happy for the people who won, but now i don't think they all diverse it.
so. u guys shouldn't have even extended the D-MN RETARDED CONTEST IN THE D-MN FIRST PLACE. sheesh.
Next time u guys make any more pathetic and unfair contest, maybe u should be more CLEAR AND TRANSPARENT FROM THE START OF WHAT THE RULES ARE AND THE TASKS.

And yes, i would like to see a reply from at least ONE CR mod.
I used to enjoy this site back in 2007. but now, it looks like a site just to hog off people's money and lie to them.

Posted 5/5/10

EvilPuppy123 wrote:

Well I just got a message saying that I was one of the first three from keikawa.


Oh how sweet -_- u think anyone cares?
Congrats. anywah.
72378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Online
Posted 5/5/10 , edited 5/5/10

TsunaxChu wrote:

To all CR mods: I think u guys are VERY VERY unfair, first, when u guys changed the site rules back in 2008, u didn't say that the regional blocking would affect anime members, thus, many people wasted their money for this site.
Second, WHAT THE F???
You guys should have been VERY VERY CLEAR from the start that only the first TEN people to finish would get an award.
Ur dumbness and selfishness never ends does it?
Seriously, i wasted 60 hours and even much more of my life on your crap contest.
I would have been happy for the people who won, but now i don't think they all diverse it.
so. u guys shouldn't have even extended the D-MN RETARDED CONTEST IN THE D-MN FIRST PLACE. sheesh.
Next time u guys make any more pathetic and unfair contest, maybe u should be more CLEAR AND TRANSPARENT FROM THE START OF WHAT THE RULES ARE AND THE TASKS.

And yes, i would like to see a reply from at least ONE CR mod.
I used to enjoy this site back in 2007. but now, it looks like a site just to hog off people's money and lie to them.


Actually, I think you are the one who is judging CR unfairly. It's common sense that, if the people with licenses don't have permission, you will not be able to watch it whether you pay or not. That is not selfish. Its better for some people (or all if they know how) to watch legally than it is for no-one.

You wasted 60 hours. Lol at you and your stupidity. I wasted a maximum of 10 hours, and that's with over 1100 badges total. And even in those 10 hours, I could do other stuff.

Really, the first 10 deserve (not diverse...) it more than the rest, whether the contest is fair or not. Sure, it could of been stated that it would be first 10, but in no way did it state that it wouldn't be the first 10 (although, I believe it was assumed by many to be random, including myself.) I agree that they should of been clearer, but that does not make it even the slightest bit unfair. What makes it unfair is the timezones...

Sorry I'm not a mod, but chances are you won't get one. Even if you do, they won't say anything I haven't.

Your profile says you've been registered since 2010, though I'm not doubting you were here in 2007, as all retards who complain come from there (not all are bad though). Back in 2007, this was just another average (or below-average) anime site. The only differences were the video player, and the community. Now, its the beginning of a revolution.

Posted 5/5/10 , edited 5/5/10
It's a long winded response but please bare with me as I'm trying my best to explain clearly what I think the intrication was here...

I agree the only problem with this Naruto Shippuden contest was the lack of clarity in regards to how the winners would be chosen. It was never stated anywhere there'd be a first come first serve basis until to late. And that my friends is the source of all the dilemma contestants are livid about. If there was any mention of this I'm certain a more copious selection of probable winners would be at the finish line as the dedicated contestants would all line up when the pistol was shot at 3:30 am Pacific Time. Now everyone's kicking them selves and cussing Cr Moderators. And I'm sorry as I was one of the few who formed and propagated this notion that everyone had a chance to win because of the extension to the 22nd. And continuing postulating that since one week would be between Premium members and Normal Members in accumulating the entire collection hence led me to precede with my conjecture and I surmised once more stating that there would be some random draw pulled as the extension in the first place was made to give Normal Members a shot at winning. It was all hypothetical because by then there was no announcement made about the airing of episode 154's availability to everyone Premium Member or not. And to add insult to injury it was announced sometime after the final Naruto badges where handed out that the first ten would be the winners. Huh? Everyone thought I could have stayed up. That could've been me!

So we all were left in the dark about some vital details of the comp chiefly 1. How the winners would be determined and whether this would be executed by pulling names out of a draw or by advancing everyone else.

FULL STOP
54449 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / NC
Offline
Posted 5/5/10

jpax44 wrote:

Looks like makehomersomethingsomething made it to the Top 10 and his a regular non paying member. So this should settle everything for those who still feel cheated and robbed of their lives by this contest. The bottom line is: You were just not fast enough!


The problem I have with that statement, is that some people got certain badges a whole lot faster than others, which has nothing to do with being "fast enough" I watched god-knows-how-many of whatever episode it was just to get shadow Jiraya - where others just had to watch that episode 3 or 4 times and got them BOTH. THAT is wrong when it comes to judging the winners, because you don't have an even playing field to draw winners from. If it was rigged to generate the "special" badges once every 5 views, that would be one thing, but that certainly wasn't the case.

THAT is why this contest was a joke, and why it pisses me off. I don't care that I didn't win, I didn't truly expect to, but I had EXPECTED to at least have a CHANCE to, which I clearly DIDN'T, because it took so long to get the last couple of badges I needed, by which time, the first 10 people had already gotten theirs. I'd be curious to see the # episodes viewed by the winners, versus the # episodes watched by those that completed near the end of the supposed timeframe.
jpax44 
61479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / CA, USA
Offline
Posted 5/5/10

EvilPuppy123 wrote:

So only the 7 after the first 3 get the prize pack? Or does the top 3 also get it? Also I find it annoying how I had to renew my membership in april so I thought that I would get a extra year. But nope, it just gives me till next may, so I only get a free month next year then I have to renew it again -_-


As I understand it only the 7 get the prize pack and the first 3 get the premium memberships. Are you sure about just getting free month because of your recent renewal? I think you should clarify this with Keikawa because it just defies common sense and is definitely unfair.


kodaikun wrote:


jpax44 wrote:

Looks like makehomersomethingsomething made it to the Top 10 and his a regular non paying member. So this should settle everything for those who still feel cheated and robbed of their lives by this contest. The bottom line is: You were just not fast enough!


The problem I have with that statement, is that some people got certain badges a whole lot faster than others, which has nothing to do with being "fast enough" I watched god-knows-how-many of whatever episode it was just to get shadow Jiraya - where others just had to watch that episode 3 or 4 times and got them BOTH. THAT is wrong when it comes to judging the winners, because you don't have an even playing field to draw winners from. If it was rigged to generate the "special" badges once every 5 views, that would be one thing, but that certainly wasn't the case.

THAT is why this contest was a joke, and why it pisses me off. I don't care that I didn't win, I didn't truly expect to, but I had EXPECTED to at least have a CHANCE to, which I clearly DIDN'T, because it took so long to get the last couple of badges I needed, by which time, the first 10 people had already gotten theirs. I'd be curious to see the # episodes viewed by the winners, versus the # episodes watched by those that completed near the end of the supposed timeframe.


A few posts after I made that comment, I said that it took speed and luck to win the contest, and now I'm going to add perseverance to the list. I don't understand why you say that the playing field is not even. Statistically, everybody had the same chance/probability of getting the badges. Although the odds certainly go against someone the later they join the contest since they get more chances of getting unneeded badges. It takes a lot of time to get the badges you need. It took me 2687 to get the ones I needed. The most number of episodes I've played for a single badge was for 300+, and that was when I was trying to get colored Karin. Hell I even emailed CR because that was highly unusual for me to play that much episode for a single badge and that maybe there's a glitch somewhere. It probably took me 1.5-2 hrs to get both color and shadow Naruto badge. So it took me way more than the 60 hrs ( time to get all the badges) that TsunaxChu was bitching about. Although it took me longer since I wanted to the color and shadow badge of a character next to each other. The only clear disadvantage is the time zones.

Some people got better results because they got faster computers and internet connections that allowed them to play more episodes at a time. I think it was EvilPuppy123 who said he used 2 computers. I wouldn't even think that any of those are unfair. It's just having better tools to accomplish a goal.

okay so here's the info on the winners so far:

FIRST 3 WINNERS
EvilPuppy123
kuchinawa
***anonymous1***

7 RUNNER UPS
jpax44
makehomersomethingsomething
Adamldris
llamaben
yugioh12
***anonymous2***
***anonymous3***
54449 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / NC
Offline
Posted 5/5/10

jpax44 wrote:
I don't understand why you say that the playing field is not even. Statistically, everybody had the same chance/probability of getting the badges. Although the odds certainly go against someone the later they join the contest since they get more chances of getting unneeded badges. It takes a lot of time to get the badges you need. It took me 2687 to get the ones I needed. The most number of episodes I've played for a single badge was for 300+, and that was when I was trying to get colored Karin. Hell I even emailed CR because that was highly unusual for me to play that much episode for a single badge and that maybe there's a glitch somewhere. It probably took me 1.5-2 hrs to get both color and shadow Naruto badge. So it took me way more than the 60 hrs ( time to get all the badges) that TsunaxChu was bitching about. Although it took me longer since I wanted to the color and shadow badge of a character next to each other. The only clear disadvantage is the time zones.

Some people got better results because they got faster computers and internet connections that allowed them to play more episodes at a time. I think it was EvilPuppy123 who said he used 2 computers. I wouldn't even think that any of those are unfair. It's just having better tools to accomplish a goal.


The playing field is not even because the distribution of the badges was not even - as is evident by your own post. We don't truly know what the statistics for the badges were, but for some it was clearly lower than others. See my point about just trying to GET the shadow Jiraya badge - not caring about the grouping reg / shadow. I EASILY passed your numbers just on that one episode / badge alone. I wish I hadn't deleted all the CR messages so I could get an accurate count.

Also, I don't care what tools one uses to improve their odds of acquiring the badges - in this case also winning - it's entirely up to them, and as long as CR is ok with the methods used, who am I to complain about that? I did the multiple tabs, 11 min each deal too. My complaint is simply that if this is how they planned to do this contest from the start, it should've been announced as such, and either A: Ended when the first 10 were done, or B: Announced the 10 were done, and allowed people to continue to get badges if they so chose, but at least letting those that chose to continue do so for that reason alone - NOT thinking they had a chance to win.

I can only guess they didn't because they were loving the ad revenue on the hits. The most logical reason, as the desire to have the badges would be far lower than the desire to win a year sub.
Posted 5/5/10 , edited 5/5/10


1) over-all 60 hours in total to gather ALL badges. NOT 60 hours non stop watching episodes -_-
2) this account is my second, i deleted my first last year. so yeah i was a member ever since 2007 >_>
and no, i meant the general "aura" of the site back then was more fun and lively then any other site i know.
Still, i wont change my mind with w/e u wanna say o_o they could have been clear from the start. only until NOW did they put up that geographical restrictions apply to everyone even payed members. Its very unfair and pointless of them to have extended the deadline if they already had 10 winners, -_- it just gave false hope for users who thought they had a chance to win.
First  Prev  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.