First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Car Rivalries
30959 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Cloud 9.
Offline
Posted 11/12/09
STI vs. EVO.

Biased because I own a WRX. I feel like Subaru as a company is just an overall way better company. Plus, the subaru community, in general is very awesome.

Supra vs. R34.
I never thought that there was a "rivalry" between the two.. They're so different from each other. One's legal in the US one isn't. AWD, RWD.. The thing about rivalries is the similarities and trying to focus on the best out of those.. right? Kind of a dumb "rivalry" imo.

Civic vs. Corolla.
Civic for me.. It just looks overall better, through out all years. Good strong engine, interior in the newer generations are cool, a bit cheesy here and there but hey, it's a civic.

Genesis vs. 370z.
Come on, think about it. You're comparing store brand crap tasting ketchup to epic heinz. Yeah, it's 2 dollars cheaper, but you get what you pay for man. Sure Hyundai is coming up in the car industry but I am a strong believer in nissan's strength. They produce great cars, good looking cars, and are a well known good company.

Smart Car vs. Prius?
Smart car + Hayabusa engine? LOL :]

Camaro vs. Mustang
I'm leaning to the Camaro, it's an all around better looking car in my opinion. Every year, plus the 1960/70's Camaros are one of my dream cars.

rx7 vs. Supra
I would consider these better rivals, both made in the same time era, rwd, turbo, looks, etc. I would go for the Rx7 if I was rich and knew more about rotaries. The Rx7 is just a very clean looking car, I don't think there's any other coupe in my opinion that looks better than that in a 10 year radius of each way.
1131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 12/4/09
honda s2000? they look kinda similar with the long front end. but RX7 is better, i think its rotary put out more power than the honda does
17902 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / SF Bay Area, CA (...
Offline
Posted 12/7/09 , edited 12/7/09
Even though the Honda S2000 and the Mazda RX-8 are somewhat different in their goals...

They're both excellent sports cars. They both handle well, they both have nosebleed-high redlines, both have great 6-speed manual transmissions, and they both sound sooooo sweet!

And if you compare their power-to-weight ratios, they're not too different.

So that sounds like a great car rivalry.
17094 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / san jose
Offline
Posted 12/11/09
RX7 Vs S2000 Vs Miata
138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Melbourne [City O...
Offline
Posted 3/20/10

chucknorris wrote:

RX7 Vs S2000 Vs Miata


no way hoze . 7 n s2k r in the different league wif juz a puny miata .
1942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 3/21/10

kusanag1 wrote:


chucknorris wrote:

RX7 Vs S2000 Vs Miata


no way hoze . 7 n s2k r in the different league wif juz a puny miata .


Puny Miata, unless you've been to an autox event. Those puny Miatas are the serious contenders.

S2000 is in the same class as the Miata but are built on different level of performances. Older Miata do not have enough power to be on the same level as the S2000 but the new ones are quite serious rivals to the S2000. I'll take either, but I'd take a Miata because of the amount of sanctioned races that are held for them only.
135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / mississippi
Offline
Posted 3/21/10
viper vs. corvette

charger vs. challenger

plus tuner vs. muscle

muscle all the way!
17902 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / SF Bay Area, CA (...
Offline
Posted 3/24/10

TheRealMike wrote:

viper vs. corvette

charger vs. challenger

plus tuner vs. muscle

muscle all the way!


Viper vs Corvette, I'll take the VIper

Uhhhmmm, wtf?!?! Charger vs Challenger?!?! Are you on crack?!?!


As for American Muscle, you guys have a close cousin, it's called Australian Muscle. Big V8 engines mated to RWD describes both. Both involve rear-tire burning
135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / mississippi
Offline
Posted 3/24/10

AWDfreak wrote:


TheRealMike wrote:

viper vs. corvette

charger vs. challenger

plus tuner vs. muscle

muscle all the way!


Viper vs Corvette, I'll take the VIper

Uhhhmmm, wtf?!?! Charger vs Challenger?!?! Are you on crack?!?!


As for American Muscle, you guys have a close cousin, it's called Australian Muscle. Big V8 engines mated to RWD describes both. Both involve rear-tire burning


you'll be surprised where i live it is but , i dont see a huge difference but down here apparently there is and yes any viper any day

LET THE TIRES SCREAM!!!
3930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / cebu
Offline
Posted 3/30/10 , edited 3/30/10


this two cars are one of the biggest rivalry at present. i bet nissan is way faster than porsche much cheaper too
nissan everyone??

GTR!
17902 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / SF Bay Area, CA (...
Offline
Posted 4/2/10

june94 wrote:



this two cars are one of the biggest rivalry at present. i bet nissan is way faster than porsche much cheaper too
nissan everyone??

GTR!


I've lost much respect for the GT-R. It only has 2 pedals now, lame :angry:

As for the Porsche 911 turbo, it's way too expensive. And sadly, most will have the lame PDK :(


As for one being faster, the new GT-R isn't all that much faster than a Porsche 911 turbo, especially the 997.

And even if the GT-R is faster, I just don't like the way it goes fast: with a bunch of electronics babying the driver. Lameness
2063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Cali
Offline
Posted 4/13/10

AWDfreak wrote:


june94 wrote:



this two cars are one of the biggest rivalry at present. i bet nissan is way faster than porsche much cheaper too
nissan everyone??

GTR!


I've lost much respect for the GT-R. It only has 2 pedals now, lame :angry:

As for the Porsche 911 turbo, it's way too expensive. And sadly, most will have the lame PDK :(


As for one being faster, the new GT-R isn't all that much faster than a Porsche 911 turbo, especially the 997.

And even if the GT-R is faster, I just don't like the way it goes fast: with a bunch of electronics babying the driver. Lameness


+1. The GTR is still an amazing car, but there are others ill consider over it.
3234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/20/10
I know this is very weird/random, but back in the days, I used to consider Honda Civics and Ford Mustangs as rivals.
2063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Cali
Offline
Posted 4/21/10

Robo-Bot wrote:

I know this is very weird/random, but back in the days, I used to consider Honda Civics and Ford Mustangs as rivals.


haha...because cocky civic owners would always try to challenge mustangs and vice versa.
137308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 4/21/10
Gee never thought about this topic much. I did think that Toyota or Ford were trying to take on everyone like they were better
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.